Can I play a world created on windows 10 edition

Crashes, bugs or other issues
wesaraw

Can I play a world created on windows 10 edition

Postby wesaraw » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:09 am

Before finding and enjoying Vivecraft, I spent many hours crafting a world for the windows 10 edition.

I would like to import that into Minecraft Java edition.

The save is a .mcworld file rather than a folder with
    advancements, data, datapacks, dim1, dim-1, payerdata, region, stats, level, level.dat_old, session.lock
files like files for minecraft java edition.

I tried placing this .mcworld in the saves folder (C:\Users\dudew\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves)

I tried extracting the .mcworld file with winrar and I placed the
    db folder, level, level.dat_old, levelname, world_behavior_packs, world_icon, world_resource_packs
files into a folder named for the world into the saves location in my minecraft directory

I tried installing MCCToolChest and it does not let me open a .mcworld file or any file from the extracted .mcworld

I could not find a world import in MinecraftJava or an export in Windows 10 edition.

Thanks for any help

jrbudda
Site Admin

Re: Can I play a world created on windows 10 edition

Postby jrbudda » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:29 am

MCC Toolchest is supposed to be the thing to use to convert bedrock to java worlds and vice versa. I can't tell you any more than that, I've never tried.

wesaraw

Re: Can I play a world created on windows 10 edition

Postby wesaraw » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:38 am

I think the MCCToolchest PE converted my work, but I cannot be sure because the coordinates are all different I believe. Ive used tp to move to the same coordinates I know I was working in and its completely different.

The reason I think the conversion worked is part of the conversion process is the make a new save file, then overwrite it with the conversion. The new world I made is a super flat world, once converted, it is not.

Im not sure if there exists a great way to find my way back "home" but I hope

So far Ive tried teleporting to 1,100,1 as well as the original coordinates that I built on and have found nothing familiar.

Any help is thank