Sodium integration

Vivecraft general discussion, suggestions, chitchat.
VespeRyy

Sodium integration

Post by VespeRyy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUg0f6jjhQE

I've just finished watching this video from "AsianHalfSquat", and I was wondering if it would've been possible to make a Vivecraft iteration that could support the Sodium optimization mod.

If so, Vivecraft would be playable literally on any hardware, and Minecraft Java would probably become the most played VR title.

I've just run Minecraft with Sodium on my 6 y/o non-gaming laptop and I'm getting almost as many FPS as in my gaming rig (gtx 1060 6gb, r5 2600x)
Nikodemonek

Re: Sodium integration

Post by Nikodemonek »

It will not happen due to it being a fabric mod, forge and fabric are not compatible. Also, that would remove optifine from the game. This would also remove mod compatibility.
CaptainFluffy

Post by CaptainFluffy »

Just came here to ask the same question (just saw the same video). Seeing as Sodium can apparently boost the FPS count in the literal hundreds, VR would be the prefect place for this to be a thing. I constantly get framerate dips that make SteamVR's frame interpolation turn on which makes any VR game feel slow (not just Vivecraft).
Nikodemonek wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:51 am It will not happen due to it being a fabric mod, forge and fabric are not compatible. Also, that would remove optifine from the game. This would also remove mod compatibility.
If sodium works as good as the video says it does in Vivecraft, I'd take that over mod support, easily.
jrbudda
Site Admin

Post by jrbudda »

Our official stance on fabric is in the FAQ.