Vivecraft on Microsoft MR/VR devices?

Vivecraft general discussion, suggestions, chitchat.
SkyFall

Vivecraft on Microsoft MR/VR devices?

Postby SkyFall » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi Folks,

I am wondering if the current Vivecraft works with the Dell Visor/other Microsoft MR devices? I have not tried it, yet, but I noticed that Microsoft does not list it on their official support list. Pretty much BS given that MS would deploy a product without showcasing one of their biggest VR games?

I also know that it did not work with the Win10 edition or the stock java edition. My research brought me to your version as the best VR release, but I am sorry if this has been asked. I did search and saw no references.

Thank you in advance.

jrbudda
Site Admin

Re: Vivecraft on Microsoft MR/VR devices?

Postby jrbudda » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:20 pm

No idea. Don't have one. If the headsets work as SteamVR devices they should work with Vivecraft.

Not really surprising about the announcements. Win10 is oculus-runtime only so likely no support there and Vivecraft is an unofficial mod that microsoft likely neither knows nor cares about.

SkyFall

Postby SkyFall » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:34 pm

Thank you for the quick response.

So far, no SteamVR support, but it may come in the future. I guess that's how MS is expecting to bring the two together...

In terms of an announcement, I was thinking more about Minecraft.net given that it is a Microsoft brand/IP and they support Oculus - as you mentioned.

Blackstorx

Postby Blackstorx » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:38 pm

Hi,

Anny news about the Windows MR compatibility with vivecraft ?

Altyrah

Postby Altyrah » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:42 am

Hi,

I have just bought the brand new Lenovo Explorer which would break the VR market, i dream of a MR compatibility with your mod !

I hope so much you'll do it ! :)

jrbudda
Site Admin

Postby jrbudda » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:22 am

Pretty sure steam supports the MR hardware. I shouldn't have to do anything.

Suatae

Postby Suatae » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:49 pm

Microsoft released an app that makes SteamVr compatible with MR headsets. I've used Vivecraft with the Samsung HMD and it works without too much setup.

Sgt. Nick Fury

Postby Sgt. Nick Fury » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:16 pm

So I am using vivecraft with the Samsung Odyssey also. It looks great...the problem however is with the controllers...they work as intended I guess but that seems to be the issue. The Vive controls just don't work well compared to the Oculous/WMR joysticks. The control set up in the MS Minecraft for windows 10 works so much better for freemove, which is the mode I prefer ( i do not get motion sick) However obviously non java minecraft stinks for modding. SO I want to see if there is a way to use ALL of the WMR controls with Vivecraft is there a way? Mainly I just want to be able to use my left stick for AWSD, and right stick for teleport and turning like in the Windows 10 minecraft VR. If you have ever played the WMR minecraft you will understand what I mean. I would think as these are just windows controllers there should be away to program them for any game but it doesn't allow it for me. The WMR control set up is so intuitive, I stop thinking about it and just play.....and that's the point of VR...right?

ZzStormKnightzZ

Postby ZzStormKnightzZ » Sun May 05, 2019 7:47 pm

this is a problem for me I'm unable to utilize my joysticks. I made an account just to bump this thread.

rutukate

Postby rutukate » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:00 am

Thanks for the information
software testing course in ahmedabad