Vivecraft and Rift S

Vivecraft general discussion, suggestions, chitchat.
Aether_Rage

Vivecraft and Rift S

Postby Aether_Rage » Thu May 30, 2019 9:29 pm

I got a rift s recently and I can't seem to get it to function with vivecraft. Is there a fix or do I have to wait for steam VR to get their stuff together.

Sephzer

Re: Vivecraft and Rift S

Postby Sephzer » Fri May 31, 2019 7:56 pm

It should work fine. I also just bought a Rift S as my first VR. I found that I had to enable Steam VR and load that up at least once before it started to work for me. I'm on holiday atm but if you have any questions let me know and I'll see what I can do. Returning home tomorrow.

Aether_Rage

Postby Aether_Rage » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:48 am

What do you mean start steam vr up once? I have tried every combination of startups, whether it be steam vr then vivecraft, or vivecraft and wait for steam vr, All it shows for my headset is a <H> icon instead of an actual headset or controllers it also doesn't track my movement in the game.

Aether_Rage

Postby Aether_Rage » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:49 am

Sephzer wrote:It should work fine. I also just bought a Rift S as my first VR. I found that I had to enable Steam VR and load that up at least once before it started to work for me. I'm on holiday atm but if you have any questions let me know and I'll see what I can do. Returning home tomorrow.
What do you mean start steam vr up once? I have tried every combination of startups, whether it be steam vr then vivecraft, or vivecraft and wait for steam vr, All it shows for my headset is a <H> icon instead of an actual headset or controllers it also doesn't track my movement in game.

Matt_W

Postby Matt_W » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:27 pm

I can't figure out controller mapping for the new Touch controllers. It seems like the game thinks I have a Vive controller because it wants touchpad inputs, but knows nothing about control sticks. There's also no mapping available for the lower of the two buttons on each controller face.

ecstaticalecstatic

Postby ecstaticalecstatic » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:22 am

All it shows for my headset is a <H> icon

That is the NULL driver, this is a SteamVR problem, not a Vivecraft problem.

Have you followed these steps: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -UPHK-0900 ?