Controller mapping difficulties

Crashes, bugs or other issues
palimon

Controller mapping difficulties

Postby palimon » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:08 pm

Hey, I've been trying to play Vivecraft on my Oculus and Odyssey+. I've tried a few times with each system, and each time I stop because I can't get the controls configured into a comfortable, or even very usable state. Can anyone help me with the below problems, before I post bugs/suggestions? Maybe there's solutions I've not been able to find on my own.

1) I can't find a way to unmap buttons. Some game options I just don't want to use, and there's not a lot of buttons on VR controllers. Since there's no way to unmap buttons, the only way I've found to do this is to set all the unwanted options to a button I "give up". And then keep accidentally pressing. That jumps. BARF.
2) Not all mappings are listed. On the Oculus, even if I mapped every single option to say, right trigger, down on the stick still jumps. BARF. I had to give up many times because accidental jumps were making me sick. On my Odyssey+, the track pad swiping motions are hard-coded for changing hotbar selection. That's great, except that I can't seem to do any button clicks on the trackpad without a bit of swiping, so most of my time in game is spent trying to reselect what I want. I can't imaging trying to keep a sword in hand for a fight. No options to unmap/disable swipe on the trackpad.