Armswinger locomotion

Vivecraft general discussion, suggestions, chitchat.
PsychoticFrog

Armswinger locomotion

Postby PsychoticFrog » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:15 pm

Hello!

I did not see "Armswinger" as a locomotion type on the front page. Is there a chance Vivecraft will implement this somewhere in the future?

Basically you swing your arms around while pressing a key and it moves you around in the direction you're swinging. It's great for people with motion sickness since you have the impression you "walk", and you don't actually have to walk from wall to wall. IMO it's the best locomotion compromise. And once you're used to it it's as precise as free-movement and feels natural.

One of the best implementations of this is in H3VR (some video I found about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXOiBHAVQTw), it's also in GORN.

Anyway, any chance we'd see something like this someday?

Thanks!

PsychoticFrog

Re: Armswinger locomotion

Postby PsychoticFrog » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:15 am

Okay well I bought the game anwyay (for a second time, because support is 2 months late) and tried it myself. Looks like the "walk-about" locomotion is pretty much armswinger, so nevermind my original question.

From what the description said (style of rotation to use 100% room-scale movement) and what other people said about that style of locomotion elsewhere on the web, I thought it was basically walking wall-to-wall, turning around while pressing a snap-turn button and continuing on.

This implementation is not as smooth or natural as H3VR (probably because we're using one button on one controller which controls the movement of both controllers) but it'll do!

Thanks!