Vive Cosmos Support

Crashes, bugs or other issues
TacticalGambling

Vive Cosmos Support

Post by TacticalGambling »

Hello. I recently obtained a Vive Cosmos, and was quick to realize that there is no support for its controllers on this wonderful application. Is there any way to patch this, and quickly? My friends are waiting for me on my VR server and have been for days. :)

Arcofsin

Re: Vive Cosmos Support

Post by Arcofsin »

with steam started
use this on internet explorer:http://127.0.0.1:8998/dashboard/controllerbinding.html
and configure vivecraft with cosmos setting ;)

jrbudda
Site Admin

Post by jrbudda »

Vivecraft for mc 1.12 and 1.14 have just been updated with defaults for the Cosmos.

Helix

Post by Helix »

I downloaded and installed Vivecraft 1.14.4.v4, but I cannot use the Cosmos controllers with it. I am playing on a Windows 10 PC with HTC Vive Cosmos controllers. I checked controller binding in Steam and it correctly shows the Cosmos controller and the Vivecraft binding settings for the Cosmos. Testing the controllers with Steam shows all is well. But when I enter Vivecraft, I only see two white sticks instead of the controllers and I cannot choose from the initial Minecraft menu (singleplayer etc). I tried using the previous version of Vivecraft 1.14.4.v3 (when the bindings were initially added), but it made no difference. I tried several times. ONE time only, Vivecraft actually displayed the old Vive controllers for a brief moment before converting into useless glowsticks. Unfortunately, I can't recall which Vivecraft version (v3 or v4) I was testing.

I should probably mention that at first, I didn't realise that Vivecraft 1.12.2 doesn't contain the Cosmos bindings, so I started out installing that. When that failed, I installed and ran 1.14.4.v4 without deleting 1.12.2. Finally I downloaded 1.14.4.v3. I tried running that with the other installs present. I also tried running it after removing 1.14.4.v4. No difference.

My son hates Christmas with a vengeance. He has plans to spend the holidays in Vivecraft instead while the rest of us go Christmas crazy. Please help him escape the festive reality!! It will be a better Christmas for all of us!! :-) :-)