Rendering of items in 1.15.2

Crashes, bugs or other issues
GingasVR

Rendering of items in 1.15.2

Post by GingasVR »

The new rendering of items seems to break a ton of stuff, block outline is broken unless you have the crosshair shown, climbing claws in the offhand makes everything invisible

Alof of the items in VR now feel extremly tiny of off,

Is there any possibility of turning the rendering back to the way it was? Or least make it an option?

jrbudda
Site Admin

Re: Rendering of items in 1.15.2

Post by jrbudda »

going back, hell no.

I'm open to suggestions on how to improve the current rendering.

GingasVR

Post by GingasVR »

Could you make the items a similar size to the way it was previously then?

The mining and map size in particular feels very weird. When you click to mine it mines blocks in front of you.. but since the renderer now matches the desktop version it looks like you mine thin air which feels kind of strange in VR.

The map item size is also extremly small and makes it very hard to use in game. Previous this wasn't an issue

The bow is also a bit weird to use since it feels small.. like a kids bow. The bow in previous versions was big but you could draw it back completly and it was fun to use

I really like the size of items previously since it felt immersive, in this version it kind of just feels like all the items are meant for children

I understand you changed it to the vanilla desktop size to help with the correct placement with weapon mods ect, but I really don't think it works in VR from a usability standpoint for the items that are in the game to begin with

jrbudda
Site Admin

Post by jrbudda »

The scale of items was not changed to match vanilla, really. We just changed our transforms to be on top of the vanilla transforms, which means all the actual numbers had to change. Making things smaller in 1.15 was not really intentional. I just haven't played 1.12 recently enough for them to feel off or even different now. I can adjust it, especially things like the map if they're now hard to use.

The animations are another story. Based on testing and user feedback we decided it looked much better to remove the large forward/back movement of the hands, so that's going to stay like it is.