Unable to Fire Bow No matter roomscales on or off or vanilla

Crashes, bugs or other issues
franciswyvern

Unable to Fire Bow No matter roomscales on or off or vanilla

Post by franciswyvern »

Hello,

Using Vivecraft with the Oculus S, wondering if anyone has gotten into an issue where the bow just fails to work.

If I use the normal action button when roomscale is set to off it never fires and when in roomscale when the right hand gets close to the bow I see the arrow knock. Then I can pull it back and feel the vibrations in the feedback. When I let go though the arrow doesn't fire and the bow returns to normal.

THis is with the newest version of Vivecraft so wondering if anyone has run into this similar issue.

jrbudda
Site Admin

Re: Unable to Fire Bow No matter roomscales on or off or vanilla

Post by jrbudda »

any errors in the log?

franciswyvern

Post by franciswyvern »

Looks like lots of STDERR entries would there be a specific entry I can look for when attempting to use the bow with roomscale or the 'use' button in general when bow is equipped?

jrbudda
Site Admin

Post by jrbudda »

yea or just pastebin the whole log and I can look at. Also is this singleplayer or on a server. It's the server that is responsible for spawning in the arrows.

franciswyvern

Post by franciswyvern »

Link to the Pastebin below, started the game and attempted using the bow, roomscale, sitting position and standing, then switched roomscale off and attempted again with the secondary action button.

https://pastebin.com/6Bd8XPLE

This is on a single player game mode.

jrbudda
Site Admin

Post by jrbudda »

Vivecraft 1.15.2 jrbudda-1-r4

You're using a version of vivecraft that is about 4 updates behind. could you try with the latest?

franciswyvern

Post by franciswyvern »

I updated to 1.15.29jrbuddies-2-r2 now roomscale bow fails to even animate the draw back and arrow knoking.

Another thing is the bow seems to act like a standard item not a bow, if turning off the roomscale pressing the B that would use a fishing pole for instance fails to work and when using the right trigger it just hits like a sword or pickaxe with the bow in the right hand.

New Pastebin below:
https://pastebin.com/BCsPVjKu

franciswyvern

Post by franciswyvern »

I think this may have been a wild goose chase, been so long since playing I forgot you need an arrow in the inventory to fire the bow.

This was a PEBCAK situation but thank you for looking into it and all the hard work for this mod!