You need the following to play Vivecraft
- Minecraft: Java Edition. Available from the Minecraft website.
- Java. Available from here.
- Steam with SteamVR installed and configured.
- A SteamVR-compatible headset such as the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift (S), Valve Index, or Windows MR. OR SteamVR emulation software and a compatible device such as the Oculus Quest/Go, GearVR, Google Daydream / Cardboard, Vive Focus or PSVR.
- A PC capable of playing VR on a dedicated GPU. Integrated Intel graphics are not supported
- Either standing motion controls or a keyboard and mouse. Gamepads are not currently supported.
Installation is easy. Follow these instructions to install the Vivecraft client. Installation is the same the first time you install and for updates. You can install Vivecraft multiple times with different options with no issue.
- Run the Minecraft Launcher on your PC at least once to make the game folders. You don’t need to actually launch the game. Close the launcher.
- Make sure the Minecraft Launcher is NOT running.
- Run the Vivecraft Installer. Note the installation option checkboxes
- Hover your mouse over each option to see what it does. Generally you should leave the defaults.
- If you want support for Forge mods check the Forge box. If the installer cannot detect Forge already installed it will download and run the installer for you
- Click install. The program will download some files and set up your launcher profile.
- Run the Minecraft Launcher. The profile for “ViveCraft” should already be selected.
- Click Play.
Vivecraft is available for several Minecraft versions. The most recent (1.14.4), and 5 popular older versions:1.13.2, 1.12.2, 1.11.2, 1.10.2 and 1.7.10. All versions contain Optifine (which adds shaders support, dynamic lights, and other graphical improvements). All versions can be played online. Older versions may not have the same VR features as newer ones.
Versions prior to 1.13 can be installed with support for Forge mods.
The Non-VR client downloads are simple 2D versions of Vivecraft that allow seeing VR players head and arm movements. Can be used on LAN or any server running a Vivecraft server plugin.
The links below will take you to the release page for that version.
Please see the Multiplayer page for instructions on setting up a Vivecraft-compatible multiplayer server.
|Minecraft Version||1.14.4 (No Forge Support)||1.12.2|
|VR Client||Vivecraft 1.14.4||Vivecraft 1.12.2|
|2D Client (Non-VR)||Non-VR 1.14.4||Non-VR 1.12.2|
|Spigot Server Plugin||VSE 1.14||VSE 1.12|
|Forge Server Mod||N/A||VFE 1.12.X|
These versions may not include all the features described on this site.
|VR Client||Vivecraft 1.7.10||Vivecraft 1.10.2||Vivecraft 1.11.2||Vivecraft 1.13.2|
|2D Client (Non-VR)||VFE 1.7.10 (forge only)||Non-VR 1.10.2||Non-VR 1.11.2||Non-VR 1.13.2|
|Spigot Server Plugin||VSE 1.7.10||VSE 1.10 > 1.13|
|Forge Server Mod
(Note VFE 1.7.10 must be installed on all clients and server. 1.10+ is server-only)
|VFE 1.7.10*||VFE 1.10.2||VFE 1.11.2||N/A|