You need the following to play Vivecraft
- The Java version of Minecraft. Available from the Minecraft website. (the demo may also work)
- A SteamVR-compatible headset such as the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift
SteamVR emulation software such as VRidge or TrinusVR and a compatible device. (Cardboard, GearVR, PSVR, etc.)
- A PC capable of playing VR. Windows is the preferred OS. Mac and Linux support are experimental. (rename the installer .exe to .jar) on mac or linux)
- Either standing motion controls or a keyboard/mouse setup. Gamepads are not currently supported.
Installation is easy. Follow these instructions to install the Vivecraft client. Installation is the same the first time you install and for updates. You can install Vivecraft multiple times with different options with no issue.
- Run the Minecraft Launcher on your PC at least once to make the game folders. You don’t need to actually launch the game. Close the launcher.
- Make sure the Minecraft Launcher is NOT running.
- Run the Vivecraft Installer. Note the installation option checkboxes
- Hover your mouse over each option to see what it does. Generally you should leave the defaults.
- If you want support for Forge mods check the Forge box. If the installer cannot detect Forge already installed it will download and run the installer for you
- Click install. The program will download some files and set up your launcher profile.
- Run the Minecraft Launcher. The profile for “ViveCraft” should already be selected.
- Click Play.
Vivecraft is available for 3 Minecraft versions. The most recent (1.11.2), and two popular older versions: 1.10.2 and 1.7.10. All versions contain Optifine, support shader packs, Forge mods, and can be played online.
Please see the Multiplayer page for instructions on setting up a Vivecraft-compatible multiplayer server.
Follow the links below to the download page for each version.
|Client||Vivecraft for 1.7.10||Vivecraft for 1.10.2||Vivecraft for 1.11.2|
|Client (Non-VR)||VFE for 1.7.10||Companion for 1.10.2||Companion for 1.11.2|
|Spigot Server Plugin||VSE for 1.7.10||VSE for 1.10.2||VSE for 1.11.2|
|Forge Server Mod||VFE for 1.7.10||VFE for 1.10.2||VFE for 1.11.2|